V.T.O.S. (Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme) in Kilkenny provides a wide range of courses for people over 21 and who are in receipt of Social Welfare.
People who are over 21 years of age and in receipt of Jobseekers Allowance/Benefit for 6 months or more.
• People signing for Credits for 6 months or more
• People in receipt of One Parent Family Allowance for 6 months or more.
• People on Disability Allowance for 6 months or more
• People on Invalidity Pension
Payments while on a VTOS Course
• Courses are provided free of charge and are available to both men and women
• A weekly lunch allowance is payable
• A weekly travel allowance is payable if a participant has to travel over 3 miles