V.T.O.S. (Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme) in Kilkenny provides a wide range of courses for people over 21 and who are in receipt of Social Welfare.
What does the Adult Guidance Service do?
Kilkenny Adult Guidance Service provides individuals and groups with an opportunity to identify, explore and review educational and career options. We offer a service which is:
• Free of Charge
• Friendly and Relaxed
- Comprehensive and up to date information on education and training courses.
- Career Information library including computer facilities.
- Information on funding and grants.
- Advice and Guidance
Advice and Guidance
- One-to-one and group guidance on options for learning and/or career progression.
- Skills training and education required for specific fields of employment.
- Exploration of interests and aptitudes using guidance tools.
- Assistance with C.V. preparation, application forms and interview techniques.
- Support in addressing issues that may be blocking progress.
Education Guidance at VTOS
An Educational Guidance Service is provided to V.T.O.S. participants every Wednesday and Thursday on a one to one and group basis.